University of Nebraska-Lincoln
CLICK ON PHOTO TO ORDER NOW!
ICON Artworks is proud to pay tribute to the beloved University of Nebraska mascot...HERBIE HUSKER! The university’s football team first adopted the name “Cornhuskers” in 1900. But it was not until 1974 that the character “Herbie Husker” arrived…evolving out of Nebraska’s trip to the 1974 Cotton Bowl. Artist Dirk West designed the original Herbie Husker mascot to reflect the Huskers’ mentality - a burly, rugged and confident fellow who is proud of both the athletic and the agricultural traditions of the University of Nebraska. The design appeared on the cover of the Huskers’ media guide in 1974. Soon after, he became the university’s official mascot.
Until 2003, he was dressed in denim overalls, a red cowboy hat emblazoned with a large N, and had an ear of corn in his pocket. In 2003, Herbie Husker underwent a complete makeover and now dons a red cowboy hat, red work shirt, blue jeans and work boots.
Our Herbie Husker Desktop Sculptures are the perfect gift for students, faculty, alumni and fans alike! GO BIG RED!
- Created by acclaimed sculptor Robin Richerson of ICON Artworks
- Two editions available - Herbie Husker '74 & Herbie Husker '03
- Offered in Cast Pewter and Bronze Plated Cast Pewter
- Available in two sizes - 5-inch and 8-INCH (including base) - 5-inch Total Weight: 2 lbs.; 8-INCH Total Weight: 5 lbs.
- Each sculpture is mounted on a round, black Belgian marble base which can be customized or personalized with laser engraving to commemorate any event or achievement (e.g., Graduation). Click here to view custom engraving samples.
- Officially Licensed by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and IMG College Licensing
- First Edition is individually numbered, limited to 1000
- The logo or wordmark appearing on this product is a federally registered trademark owned by the University of Nebraska Board of Regents.
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity signed by the Artist
- MADE IN USA
ICON Artworks Cast Pewter is handcrafted by our team of skilled artisans with an antique finish in the highest quality, lead-free Fine Pewter alloy used for sculpture. After platinum, gold, and silver, pewter is the fourth-most-precious metal in the world. Pewter has been used since the Bronze Age because of its lustrous silver finish, its malleability, durability and its ability to capture incredibly fine detail. Pewter does not rust or deteriorate and can be enjoyed for generations.
PLEASE NOTE REGARDING ENGRAVING: To include engraving, select "Add Engraving" when placing your order and input your message at "Checkout." Custom graphics or logos can be incorporated. Email us at Contact@iconartworks.com with any questions you may have.
(Source notes: Origin of the Cornhusker Nickname, NU Athletic Communications)