University of Minnesota
ICON Artworks is proud to pay tribute to the beloved University of Minnesota mascot with our officially licensed GOLDY GOPHER Desktop Sculpture! A perfect gift for students, alumni, faculty, and fans alike! GO GOPHERS!!
Goldy Gopher doesn't say much, but behind those wide eyes, buck teeth, and warm smile (or is it a devious grin?) is a Minnesota icon with a great story.
Goldy began an illustrious career as the U of M mascot in the 1940s, but the origins of their famed gopher began almost a century earlier. In 1858, the year it became a state, Minnesota acquired the nickname the Gopher State.
Decades later, U of M football coach Clarence Spears picked up on the natural connection and named his team the Gophers in 1926.
- Created by acclaimed sculptor Robin Richerson of ICON Artworks
- Handcrafted in Cast Pewter and Bronze Plated Cast Pewter
- The Goldy Gopher Desktop Sculpture stands 6-inches in height (including base). Total Weight: 2.5 lbs.
- Each sculpture is mounted on a round, black Belgian marble base which can be customized or personalized with laser engraving to commemorate any event or achievement (e.g., Graduation). Click here to view custom engraving samples.
- Officially Licensed by the University of Minnesota and Learfield IMG College Licensing
- First Edition is individually numbered, limited to 1000
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity signed by the Artist
- MADE IN USA
ICON Artworks Cast Pewter is handcrafted by our team of skilled artisans with an antique finish in the highest quality, lead-free Fine Pewter alloy used for sculpture. After platinum, gold, and silver, pewter is the fourth-most-precious metal in the world. Pewter has been used since the Bronze Age because of its lustrous silver finish, its malleability, durability and its ability to capture incredibly fine detail. Pewter does not rust or deteriorate and can be enjoyed for generations.
PLEASE NOTE REGARDING ENGRAVING: To include engraving, select "Add Engraving" when placing your order and input your message at "Checkout." Custom graphics or logos can be incorporated. Email us at Contact@iconartworks.com with any questions you may have.
(Source notes: Regents of the University of Minnesota)