1946 (Current) Kansas Jayhawk Desktop Sculpture
ICON Artworks is proud to pay tribute to the fascinating history of the beloved Kansas Jayhawk mascot. In 1946, reflecting the mood of a victorious United States, KU student Harold "Hal" Sandy designed the "Happy Jayhawk" mascot that is still with us today...with only small modifications made in 2007 which included KU's new Trajan font. A perfect gift for students, faculty, alumni and fans alike! Rock Chalk Jayhawk...GO KU!!
- Created by acclaimed sculptor Robin Richerson of ICON Artworks
- Offered in Cast Pewter, Bronze Plated Cast Pewter & Signature Cast Bronze
- Available in two sizes - 5-inch and 8-INCH (including base) - 5-inch Total Weight: 3 lbs.; 8-INCH Total Weight: 10 lbs.
- Each sculpture is mounted on a round, black Belgian marble base which can be customized or personalized with laser engraving to commemorate any event or achievement (e.g., Graduation). Click here to view custom engraving samples.
- Officially Licensed by the University of Kansas and Learfield IMG College Licensing
- First Edition is individually numbered, limited to 1000
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity signed by the Artist
- MADE IN USA
ICON Artworks Cast Pewter is handcrafted by our team of skilled artisans with an antique finish in the highest quality, lead-free Fine Pewter alloy used for sculpture. After platinum, gold, and silver, pewter is the fourth-most-precious metal in the world. Pewter has been used since the Bronze Age because of its lustrous silver finish, its malleability, durability and its ability to capture incredibly fine detail. Pewter does not rust or deteriorate and can be enjoyed for generations. Available in TWO sizes: the "Small Jay" 5-inch...and "BIG JAY" 8-inch (including base). Click here to view this sculpture in Cast Pewter.
Cast Bronze is our signature line of sculptures at ICON Artworks. Our Signature Cast Bronze Jayhawks are offered in one size only - the 8-inch "BIG JAY". Click here to view this sculpture in Signature Cast Bronze. Using the ancient "lost-wax" casting method, bronze is the ultimate realization for fine art sculpted of clay because of its flawless rendering of detail, its permanence, and its unrivaled richness when it comes to textures and patinas. Our bronze Jayhawk sculptures are cast in silicon bronze, the highest quality bronze alloy used for sculpture, then hand-finished with the desired patina.
PLEASE NOTE REGARDING ENGRAVING: To include engraving, select "Add Engraving" when placing your order and input your message at "Checkout." Custom graphics or logos can be incorporated. Email us at Contact@iconartworks.com
(Source notes: The History of the Jayhawk, University Relations, KU)