Kansas State Powercat Desktop Sculpture
ICON Artworks is proud to pay tribute to Kansas State University athletics with our officially licensed POWERCAT Desktop Sculpture! A perfect gift for K-State students, alumni, faculty and fans alike! GO CATS!!
In 1989, soon after Coach Bill Snyder arrived in Manhattan to begin rebuilding the football program, he decided his team needed a new look...a new, simple, distinctive logo. K-State's art department recommended Tom Bookwalter, a renowned artist and illustrator that had worked with NFL teams and Fortune 500 companies. Bookwalter, a Kansan, created the unique POWERCAT logo for Coach Snyder and his players immediately loved it! Now, more than three decades later, the iconic POWERCAT continues to be the most recognizable symbol of K-State athletics!
- The Powercat Desktop Sculpture was created by acclaimed sculptor Robin Richerson of ICON Artworks
- Handcrafted in Cast Pewter and Bronze Plated Cast Pewter
- Offered in two sizes: The "Small" Powercat sculpture stands at 5 inches in height (including base). Total Weight: 3.75 lbs. The "BIG" POWERCAT sculpture stands at 6.5 inches in height (including base) and weighs a whopping 6.5 lbs.!!
- The plinth has been specially designed in the shape of an octagon to honor K-State's "Octagon of Doom"
- Each sculpture is mounted on a round, black Belgian marble base which can be customized or personalized with laser engraving to commemorate any event or achievement (e.g., Graduation). Click here to view custom engraving samples.
- Officially Licensed by Kansas State University and Affinity College Licensing
- First Edition is individually numbered, limited to 1000
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity signed by the Artist
- MADE IN USA
ICON Artworks Cast Pewter is handcrafted by our team of skilled artisans with an antique finish in the highest quality, lead-free Fine Pewter alloy used for sculpture. After platinum, gold, and silver, pewter is the fourth-most-precious metal in the world. Pewter has been used since the Bronze Age because of its lustrous silver finish, its malleability, durability, and its ability to capture incredibly fine detail. Pewter does not rust or deteriorate and can be enjoyed for generations.
PLEASE NOTE REGARDING ENGRAVING: To include engraving, select "Add Engraving" when placing your order and input your message at "Checkout." Custom graphics or logos can be incorporated. Email us at Contact@iconartworks.com with any questions you may have.